Welcome to We the People, Carroll County website!
Millions of Americans realized we fell asleep at the political wheel and have taken responsibility for doing so-hence the coming together of the Tea Party-we know the only way to change our direction is to change our politicians. However, you have to be an informed and educated voter.
It is our civic duty to take an active role in our country’s governance. Too many of us forgot, were too busy with life or just didn’t care-now our country is in a mess thanks to politicians taking advantage of our trust in them.
Here you will find a plethora of information regarding local, state and national politics and the effect on our everyday lives.
We meet the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at Legend’s Café in Westminster beginning at 6:30 PM. There are no dues or requirements for attendance. Our meetings involve political discussions, speakers (political and non-political) and community outreach projects.
WTP exists to inform and educate anyone who has a desire to hear and learn about the political goings on in a nonpartisan approach. Every political party is represented in WTP-we believe we are Americans first and foremost and there’s no sunshine between the two major parties.
Join us at a meeting or keep up to date by regularly visiting this site-our webmaster updates almost on a daily basis.
We ask that you familiarize yourself with the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights-once you do you’ll quickly realize just how far out of spec most of our politicians truly are. Hillsdale College has a free 10-week online course called “Constitution 101: The Meaning and History of the Constitution” For their website, click here - www.rushforhillsdale.com
Many of us have been duped into thinking government has all the power-the Constitution and Bill of Rights give you and me-We the People-the power. Government is not the answer-the answers lie within each of us, the individual.
We hope you find our site user friendly, informative and useful. Please contact us with any questions.
The Mission of We the People, is to hold our elected servants in both state and federal governments accountable to the United States Constitution and the laws made pursuance thereof, and to that end, make every effort to educate Americans to their heritage, which is based on Judeo/Christian principles, and found in the Declaration of Independence, and the explanatory writings of the Founding Fathers and Framer's of the Constitution.
- All activities of WTP must be in accord with its Mission Statement.
- All discussions and debate within WTP must be free, unfettered, and respectful.
- No WTP recommendation or action is binding on any member.
- WTP will not endorse or contribute to a political candidate.
- WTP will not sponsor any county activity in conjunction with any political organization.
We the People, an unincorporated association, is a collection of its individual members existing on behalf of and to further the interest of those members. It does not exist to further itself as a corporate entity.
Any concerned citizen is welcome at any WTP activity.
Our Strategic Plan
- To gather and disseminate information on issues, officials, and candidates.
- Propose possible courses of action on the issues, i.e., attending a rally, meeting or hearing, making phone calls or writing emails.
- Sponsor candidate forums.
- Encourage membership growth using flyers, newsletters, and website www.wtpccmd.org.
- Develop a social program to honor Veterans of the United States
Last Updated (Tuesday, 02 September 2014 15:57)